For part two in our Halloween playlist extravaganza Wierd Records visionary Pieter Schoolwerth gave us a maximalist treatment of experimental cold wave and minimal electronics, as well as a few classics from its obscuro history. It's fucking intense. We split it into two in case you can't handle it all at once. Click below to listen.
Peter sez: "This is the perfect soundtrack to the life of a lone, wandering individual who despite her desperate longing for 'relief,’ or rather 'meaning,' simply cannot rationalize killing herself because she is already 'dead,' and the ensuing existential dilemma and frozen cold realization which ensues: that every day is not Halloween...but is real and...quite wonderfully Very Rare and actually...worth living...WIERD.'"
1. “Wild Mountain Honey” - Crash Worship
2. “Who Can Resist Incest in a Cesspool?” - Opus Finis
3. “Un Mondo Dove” - Madre del Vizio
4. “Babylon” - The Vyllies
5. “Two Before Four” - Martial Canterel
6. “Lost in Dreaming” - Red Temple Spirits
7. “Su Ultimo Secreto” - Staccato du Mal
8. “End of Data II” - End of Data
9. “Le Renard” - Berurier Noir
10. “Basement Movement” - Second Decay
11. “Sado-Electronics” - Intrinsic Action
12. “A Darkness in My Soul” - Solid Space
13. “Feeding the Fire Minotaurs” - Siamese Pearl
14. “Le Sommeil du Singe” - Gestalt
15. “Faces (Behind Walls and Closed Doors)” - Human Puppets
Pieter hosts a Wierd Records party every Wednesday (that would be tonight) at Home Sweet Home. On Friday, November 21, the label celebrates its fifth birthday with a huge bash at the Music Hall of Williamsburg, featuring live performances by Blacklist, Xeno and Oaklander, Led er Est, and Opus Finis. Pieter DJs his favorite cold classics at the afterparty.